Monday, October 25, 2010

Counting Replicas

As an experiment of my own, I decided to count how many replicas of the Mona Lisa (or Mona Lisa inspired images) I saw in one day. At first, I though perhaps this would be a futile exericise and that I wouldn't end up seeing any. However, by the end of the day, i had seen 4 replicas (one as a window decoration outside a Holt Renfrew, one in a poster store, a replica in a newspaper advertisement for marble countertops and one in my dentists office- although this one is altered so that the Mona Lisa is smiling broadly exposing a set of perfect teeth).
In retrospect, I realize that, in fact, I'm exposed to these replicas of the Mona Lisa's image daily but only realized this once I decided to pay attention.
I would suggest that all of you partake in this experiment and enlighten us with your own results.

No comments:

Post a Comment