Friday, April 1, 2011

To Kill A Mockingbird

Hey everyone! I remembered a book I read in high school that reminded me of our lecture on March 25, 2011 about race. I don't know if many of you have heard of To Kill A Mockingbird.. but its a great book. In this book, a black man is accused of raping a white women. It reminds me of Professor Kalmar's explanation for why black people were treated horribly in the past. It presents this idea that "the black body is very physical and not rational" and it relates to the professors proposition of "the hypersexual black body" because all of the white people in the book treat him like an animal. If you are interested I'm pretty sure you can watch the entire movie on youtube. Hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think! Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment