Friday, April 1, 2011

What it means to be Canadian

Hey everyone! I remembered something very interesting when I was re-reading the lecture on March 8, 2011: What it means to be Canadian. I remember how we were talking about all of the stereotypes proposed by other people about us and I find that extremely interesting. I'm pretty sure most of us watched and enjoyed the Olympics, in the closing ceremonies do any of you remember how many different stereotypes were incorporated in to it? I remember seeing large beavers and mounties floating in the air. To me, this was a great example of how others have viewed Canadians. Go look up the closing ceremonies on youtube and take a look for yourself! Not only are we famous for saying "ehh" but we have many different mascotts associated with our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment